In EVENTsight, it is also possible to add an attendee manually, one by one. This is a good option when you only have to add a limited number of persons.
To add manually: go to the ‘Attendees’ section click ‘Add attendee’ > fill out attendee details, custom data, workshops and extra persons > click ‘Save & continue’
When you imported a large number of guests, it can be difficult to find a specific attendee. With the search bar, you can easily find attendees:
- By name
- By company
- By email address
- By birth date
- By custom data
With the advanced filter you can specify on which field you want to search. It is also possible to search in the custom fields you defined during the setup. This makes it possible to narrow down the search to one specific person.
When you want to stop using the advanced filter or you want to search for a different attendee, you can clear all fields by clicking ‘Clear’.
- Dec 12, 2019
- By Marieke
- Comments Off on Manage your attendee list onsite
The second column of icons in the attendee list is for onsite management purposes.
If the check-in icon (most left) is red, the person didn’t enter the event yet. A green icon means the person entered the event. If a person was registered more than once, this warning icon shows:
You can also easily filter your attendees based on their status during the event. If you want to see which attendees are already present at the event, you can filter on ‘Present’. If you want to see all attendees that aren’t present at the event yet, you can filter on ‘Expected’. The filter ‘Quitted’ shows the attendees that were present at the event, but already left.
- Jul 02, 2019
- By Marieke
- Comments Off on How to work with extra persons
In EVENTsight it is possible to add 2 types of extra persons:
- Extra persons (+1 s): persons that are unknown, you can add as many as you like.
- accompanying persons: persons that you know by name, you can add up to 5 accompanying persons. You will be able to check in these persons together with the main attendee.
How to add extra persons:
- In the screen of an attendee
- During import
1. In the screen of an attendee
Go to the screen of the attendee that wants to bring one or more extra persons:
Click ‘Edit’ in the ‘Attendee’ section > go to the ‘Extra persons’ tab > add extra persons or accompanying persons.
To add extra persons, you fill out the number of persons the attendee wants to bring (e.g. 12). If you want to know the name of the extra persons the attendee is bringing, you have to add an accompanying person: click ‘Add accompanying person’ > fill out the first name and last name of the extra person > click ‘Save & Continue’.
2. During import
Add extra persons by assigning a column with the number of extra persons the attendee will bring, or add accompanying persons by assigning the headers of the first name and last name of the extra persons to the correct fields in EVENTsight.
In the event business everything goes fast and last minute, we understand that. You don’t have to know all your attendees in advance, as you can easily add extra visitors later via an import.
Important to know here is that EVENTsight will use your barcode column as a unique identifier if provided. Meaning that it is not possible to have duplicate barcodes during an import, and if in a later import the barcode is already found for that event, that data will be updated with the new data in the import file.
- Jun 27, 2019
- By Mick Heylen
- Comments Off on How my import file should look
EVENTsight can import XLS, XLSX and CSV files. During the import process we will try to identify the headers of each column so you can map them to the corresponding EVENTsight fields.
In order to be able to do that, you need to format your XLS and XLSX files in such way that the first row of your Excel file contains the header names, and starting from line 2 you have the data.
Remove empty data
Excel sometimes creates empty columns on the right of the last column, or add extra empty rows after your last row. If you have problems during your import this is often the cause. The easiest way to solve this is to select the rows and columns that actually contain data and copy paste them into a new Excel file. Restart your import from the new Excel file.
- Jun 27, 2019
- By Marieke
- Comments Off on Manage your attendee list pre-event
EVENTsight allows you to step into the registration process at any moment you want. You can invite people and follow up on their RSVP and send an e-ticket to confirm or a “can’t make it” email to thank them to let you know they can’t make it.
When you use EVENTsight at its fullest, those statuses will be managed by you automatically, but you can always manually manage the different statuses of your guests if you want to use your own invitation and subscription tools, or simply skip a certain status.
For example, when you only want to send out e-tickets, you can import your attendees with their responding “RSVP” status, and just use EVENTsight for sending out your confirmation tickets.
The attendee list displays who has been invited, who didn’t send an RSVP yet, and who confirmed or declined. You can filter the list by clicking on the different status fields.
The icons in the list on the right tell you more about the status of a particular visitor.
If the left most envelop is red that means he is not invited yet, if it’s green the attendee was invited.
The icon in the middle indicates if the person has responded to your invitation or not. Grey means that persons did not RSVP’d yet. A green icon means that person will attend your event. A red icon means that person declined the invitation and will not attend the event.
If the confirmation icon is red, that means there is no registration email sent yet.
If the payment icon is grey, it means that attendee didn’t buy any tickets. If the icon is red, the attendee ordered tickets, but didn’t pay them yet. A green icon means the ordered tickets were payed.
Setting the status of a visitor manually
By clicking any of these items, you can manually send invitations or confirmations or change the status of your attendee.
When you want to edit an attendee’s details, there are two options.
- You want to edit attendee details of a single attendee
- You want to edit attendee details of all incoming attendees
1. Single attendee
Click ‘Edit’ in the attendee list > change or add the data you want > click ‘Save & Continue’.
You can change or complete data in 4 different tabs:
- Attendee info: the default fields that are present in EVENTsight. These can all be changed or completed as you wish.
- Custom data: you can define up to 10 custom fields with extra info about your attendees. If you forgot to assign labels for them beforehand, you can simply assign the label during the import process. These can all be changed or completed as you wish.
- Workshops: during an import, you can automatically subscribe a visitor to a workshop by using a column in you import file. Match the field of the workshop with the correct headers and fill out a value for which you want attendees to be subscribed (for example ‘YES’). If you don’t provide a field to test for, we will subscribe all visitors that have a value in that column, if they don’t have a value in that column they will not be subscribed. In the attendee screen you can change the subscription to workshops by toggling the buttons.
- Extra persons: EVENTsight has unknown extra persons the so-called “+1s” and named, accompanying persons. During the import you can import up to 5 extra persons. You can also assign a column where you have the number of extra guests that the visitor will bring. You can change the number of extra persons and add or remove accompanying persons later in the attendee screen.
2. All incoming attendees
If you want to edit or add attendee info on the attendee’s arrival, toggle the ‘complete visitor details on arrival’ option in the registration tab in the setup section.
- Jun 21, 2019
- By Marieke
- Comments Off on How to export your attendees
You can export:
- A selection of attendees: select some of the attendees in the attendee list with the checkbox next tot their names > click ‘Export’> ‘Selected’
- A filtered list of attendees : search for the attendees you want to export, for example all attendees from the same company > click ‘Export’ > ‘Filtered’
- All attendees: click ‘Export’ > ‘Event’
In the export screen you can define the name of the headers. When a header is left blank, this field will not be visible in the Excel file. Default fields that are added to the Excel file are:
- Registration Timestamp In
- Registration Timestamp out
- Type of Registration
- Number of Movements
- Time spent on the venue
- Jun 21, 2019
- By Mick Heylen
- Comments Off on How to import your attendees
Importing attendees in EVENTsight is made as easy as possible.
- Go to ‘Attendees’ section
- The text states: ‘There are no attendees yet’
- Import attendees
To import attendees: click ‘Import’> click ‘Choose a file’ to browse your computer> Pick a compatible file (XLS, XLSX or CSV files)> match the headers of your import files with the correct fields in EVENTsight:
- EVENTsight automatically reads out all the headers of your imported files
- Match the headers by selecting the right header with the button ‘Select…’ at the correct field
- Made a mistake? Click on the blue arrow to break the link
- Do this for all the categories in the left column that you want to link
- Click import
- You go back to the main screen
- EVENTsight works on your import. you can verify this by the red indicator ‘Importing…’ and the total number of subscriptions that will go up
When you assign a header to the barcode, EVENTsight will use the values of that column for the generation of the barcodes. Important is that EVENTsight won’t allow duplicate barcodes within 1 event, when you assign a column to the barcode field, EVENTsight will check for duplicates in that column. See also multiple file imports.